Production Team Member
Precon Manufacturing is looking for a few more people to join our production team for this summer/fall season! We make precast concrete products for the underground utilities and irrigation industries for Western Canada.
Don’t know much about concrete or manufacturing? No problem! If you are dedicated to safety, reliable, hard-working, and optimistic, we are willing to train you. There is lots to learn here and overtime hours available.
Our Production Team Members are responsible for creating and producing our products. The successful individual must be dedicated to safety, reliable, punctual, and a team player. They must have an eye for quality, and an excellent work ethic.
Location: Coalhurst, AB
Compensation: Starting rate of $18-$22/hour, commensurate with previous experience.
Hours: 40+ hours/week. Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays, or weekends. Various morning shift start times. Daytime hours with frequent overtime.
Key responsibilities may vary with each production department, but include:
- Work safely; understand and comply with all Precon’s health and safety program, OH&S, and any other applicable legislation.
- Read blueprints and drawings for product specifications. Perform basic math and calculations.
- Once certified, trained, and competent, operate various power tools and construction tools (table saws, drills, grinders, etc.).
- Check products throughout the manufacturing process for quality control.
- Set up, adjust, and operate single-function machines to mix, drill, and pour concrete to specifications. Vibrate, settle, or tamp concrete.
- Perform repairs to any flaws or quality issues on concrete products such as patching or grinding.
- Perform ongoing machine and tool adjustments, cleaning, and minor maintenance as necessary in order to maintain the cleanliness and health, and safety of your work area.
- Record manufacturing information such as quantity, quality, and efficiency of goods produced.
- Maintain cleanliness and regular upkeep of work area and other equipment.
- Participate in training and ongoing learning opportunities.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with Precon team members.
- Participate in meetings, i.e., morning team Toolbox meetings/stretches, weekly Health & Safety meetings, and others.
- Participate towards the completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
Once you are certified, trained, and competent, you may also:
- Weld and fabricate reinforcing cages in our reinforcing department. Precon operates the CWB Welding program and certification may be available for the right candidate(s).
- Operate overhead cranes with loads from 5-30 tonnes, operate heavy motorized machinery such as mobile overhead cranes (Shuttle Lift), various sizes of forklifts, up to 33,000 lbs and skid steer in the winter season.
- Move reinforcing, forms, other equipment, and concrete products using forklifts or overhead cranes.
Requirements of you:
- Committed to safety; is committed to a healthy and safe work environment. Is willing to do their part and participate in regular meetings, hazard assessments, and other Health & Safety items.
- Very reliable. Can show up to work on time, ready for work, and as scheduled.
- Has reliable transportation to get to and from work (we are located 15 minutes outside of Lethbridge).
- Available to work different start times (5:00 am-9:00 am), overtime, and weekends if needed.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and team spirit. Approaches problems with challenges and solutions.
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate with others effectively and respectfully.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. Is able to work well with others.
- Proficient with basic technology (mobile phones, apps, etc.), and computers.
- Possesses ACTIVE WHMIS 2015 certificate.
- Please refer to work conditions and context for further information.
Bonus Points for
- Prior experience in manufacturing, production, construction, basic welding, or heavy manufacturing/production machinery.
- ACTIVE tickets and competency in any of the following: Overhead Crane Ticket, Forklift Operator Ticket, Skid Steer Operator or other mobile equipment experience, Fall Protection, Confined or Restricted space, Aerial Lift/Platform, First Aid.
Work Conditions and Context
- Travel/Transportation: Precon is located outside of Lethbridge, so reliable transportation is required. Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may also be expected for training purposes.
- We are a manufacturing/production facility; work will take place in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with overhead and other hazards. The work type is manual labor, where a majority of the work is performed standing and moving, producing large concrete products.
- Work will be performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperatures and will involve conditions of heat, cold, dust, noise, and wind.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (e., hard hat, high-visibility clothing, steel-toed boots, fall arrest harness, hearing protection, mask, etc.).
- Will also involve things such as climbing ladders, working at heights, using Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), etc.
- Equipment and Machinery: Regularly required to operate self-powered equipment and various hand/power tools (table saw, drills, grinders). If certified and competent, this individual may occasionally operate other equipment such as overhead cranes, forklifts, skid steers, etc.
- Telecommuting/Working from home: Not available.
- Technology: Use of technology, phones, computers, and programs, etc. is required.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume. By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Close date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.